Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Couponing Is So Much Fun!

I have only been on the coupon bandwagon going on 8 weeks now, and I cannot even fathom what in the world I was waiting for!  I think I had the usual misconceptions or excuses; "I don't use that stuff, it's all for crap, you're getting stuff you don't need just because it's a good deal, and I don't have all those hours to devote to it."  I have to say I didn't understand how it really worked, and when a few people tried to explain how they did it throughout the years my brain could not absorb anything that they were saying about the topic.  Fast forward to having 3 kids and with the cost of living sky rocketing, and with more money sense, all signs started pointing to trying everything I could to save a dollar.  If that meant that I only had one coupon for $1.50 off diapers, well then that's a $1.50 more in my pocket!  There are coupons for everything you can think of and it is really quite simple....you look at the store ads and see what's on sale and you match those items with coupons.  I used to go to the store and spend over a hundred dollars and when I got home to put it all away, I would feel like I still didn't have alot of food, and now with couponing I can walk out of the store with shopping cart full of groceries for under $70!  This was from my shopping adventure at Ralph's last week.

Ralphs: OOP $65.48 This includes: 6 pack of boneless chicken breasts, 2 packages of ground turkey, 3 Ben & Jerry's Ice Creams, 3 Coffee House Inspiration Creamers, Tully's Coffee, 8 Juicy Juices, 2-24ct Eggo Waffles, 10 Yoplait Yogurts, and everything else!

CVS, is my new favorite place to shop at.  I used to never shop there because of all the high prices, but I had no idea of the deals I was missing out on! Every week they have selected products that if you purchase they will in return give you, Extra Care Bucks (ECB), money that you can use for a future purchase.  It's a crazy, fun game to me.  You can walk in with $12 bucks in your pocket and walk out with tons of products!  Here's what I got last night.


All this was for $11.36, and I still have $10 in Extra Care Bucks to use on my next purchase!  


I had been holding on to my Twizzlers coupons forever waiting for a good deal because I am planning on having a candy buffet for one of the parties that I am planning.  I always check the clearance section of every store I go into because that is where you can find some killer deals.  The Twizzlers were on sale for .69 each and with my coupons it made them .19 each!  The Hershey's Bliss were free because they gave you $5.99 in ECB's just for buying them, the Hawaiian Tropics Lip Balms made me $4, the Colgate's were .04 each.....and now you see how this can be addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment