Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Baby Girl Turned Two Today

I still can't get over the fact that my one and only baby girl is two years old today.  I never pictured myself with a daughter, for some reason I always wanted three boys.  God knew what he was doing when he gave me my precious little angel, because now I can't even imagine not having a daughter in my life!  I like to make a huge deal out of my kid's birthdays and I have started a tradition where the family sings happy birthday first thing in the morning while they are still in bed.  Then they get to open some of their presents, and I make their favorite breakfast, and the rest of the day is devoted to whatever they want to do.  

 Gracie opening her first present of the day, and her baby brother Ezra is helping her.
One of our favorite things to do together is to paint our nails.  My sister and I took her to a nail spa and she was skeptical at first but after she saw us getting our pedicures, she started mimicking everything the lady was doing to her Dora doll that she brought along.  She was cracking everyone up!

 She wanted auntie Faith to hold her in the beginning, I think she was scared of all the implements that she saw, and I guess that could be scary for anyone who has never seen them, lol.
 Following having our nails did, we had a picnic at "the blue park" where she played with a bunch of little girls.  They were so cute to watch play together, they played ring around the rosey, chase, hide in go seek, and they sang songs while spinning around a pole.  I love seeing her playing with little girls because it's something she rarely gets to do since she has two brothers and her cousins that live across the street from us are boys.  We left with her throwing a huge fit of course because she didn't want the fun to end, but she needed a nap desperately and I needed to work on the ice cream cone cupcake tower that I am building for her birthday party. I'm going to finish this tonight by wrapping each box with wrapping paper and decorating them somehow, I still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to do it.
After what seemed like very short naps, Dad got off work early and the whole family went to Chili's.  For some reason this is where the kids usually want to go and by kids I mean Elijah who runs the show in our family!
 He is seriously the most happiest baby I have ever met.

 Elijah was on his best behavior because he knew there would be a little present for him waiting at home if he was good, since Grace was getting so much attention we bought him a little Lego set.
Waiting for her birthday brownie
 Unlike some people who get embarrassed or shy when the servers come to sing happy birthday, Grace was in her own personal heaven and she blew the candle out the second they put the brownie in front of her.  All three kids immediately following taking this picture started freaking out so we had to bail out very quickly.  We got home and played with her new toys and helped Elijah put his Lego set together.  All three kids including my husband are crashed out, which is why I have time to blog about this.  Now I will be catching up on my housewives shows while working on Gracie's birthday party crafts.  I have to say today was a very good day, and I hope my one and only baby girl has many, many more happy birthdays and that I may share all of them with her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment