Sunday, March 25, 2012

Orange Themed Baby Shower


I had been dreaming of planning my b.f.f.'s baby shower for years, so when the day finally arrived that she was having my baby, naturally the baby shower planning began! When discussing themes, D had a great idea to do an "orange theme", since it was her favorite color and it would work for a boy or a girl. It was so much fun to plan and to make everything. If I had thousands of dollars to put into a party I would, but I don't. I honestly never spend more than $300 on a party and that's including the food, decorations, party favors, venue, and the whole enchilada.

I had this old frame in my garage that I had bought from a yard sale for .50, knowing that one day it would come into good use.  I spray painted it orange and the backing is scrapbook paper.  I got the free script printables from goodol' Martha Stewart, used my circle cutter and some vintage ribbon that I bought at a thrift store seriously 7 or 8 years ago (I know, I'm sick but hey I knew I would need it one day, so I never did away with it).  I spray painted my old cake stand too. 

I bought a pack of white doilies for $2 and spray painted them orange.  My other b.f.f. has an endless supply of oranges thanks to her neighbor's huge orange tree that hangs over into her yard, so those were free.  All we did was slice oranges, they helped hold the flowers up, give it color, and everything smelled so fresh and zesty.  For the flowers we just bought a few fresh bouquets of Gerber Daisys from Trader Joes.

I bought a few Dollar Store frames, spray painted them orange, and had pictures of the mommy-to-be, pictures of the happy couple, and sonogram pictures framed.

It was a big hit, and everyone had so much fun.  I cannot wait until I can plan someone else's baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment